Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Shooting with the ladies of Miss Vietnam Sacramento

I set up this blog a long time ago.  But haven't posted.  I kept trying to think of how to start.  What would be a good introduction.   But alas, I couldn't come up with anything and so the blog just sat here.   Until now.  It's time I got started.

And so, my first entry, is dedicated to the ladies of the Miss Vietnam Sacramento pageant. During a recent trip to Sacramento, I had the privilege of meeting five of these amazing ladies for photo shoots.

Jessica Nhu'Y and Yen Ban

We shot at Old Town Sacramento, which is a photographer's dream come true!  There is a ton of natural, existing lighting... brick walls, colorful backdrops, trains and train tracks, historic buildings, and much more.  I've shot here at all times of the day and while the lighting changes, there are always great locations to use.

Pati La

The ladies wore a mix of contemporary outfits and traditional Vietnamese Ao Dai.  Each shoot lasted approximately 3 hours and lots of fun was had by all.

Angie Tran

What impressed me most, by each of these ladies was their kindness and professionalism.  You may not know by looking at Angie's photo above, but it was 106 degrees when this photo was taken!  

Liza Chu

But what is clear, is their natural beauty and talent.  I am honored to be a part of their celebration.  Some of these ladies were pageant winners and some were distinguished Princesses in the court.  But having had the pleasure of meeting each of them, I can assure you, each of them is a winner.

I wish everyone associated with this pageant much success in the future (including those who I didn't have the opportunity to meet.)  You represent the beauty (both inside and outside) of the wonderful country of Vietnam well!

No comments:

Post a Comment